Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sculpting an Ambull... Continued

At a certain point it became important to consider how the two halves would fit together on the final model. They had a decent join with a little pin-and-hollow style registration but the detail would need to match up pretty seamlessly. I rubber-banded the front and back together to see how it could be done.

Around the same time I was adding some texture and bulk to the abdomen area, nothing planned, just kept adding little blobs to see where it would go. I worked the veins on the arms more.

Something I learned while working on the arms that I tried to avoid when doing the legs: I worked on one arm at a time, and because it was early days yet for my sculpting abilities, each one has a fairly different look, a different style of texture, in spite of the attempt to make it similar. Had I done a little on each arm per session, there would have been a more uniform appearance.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a long time since I've seen an Ambull. I think it's coming along nicely!