Thursday, September 8, 2011

..after a hiatus... Ambull progress

Life went topsy turvy for a while, as it sometimes does, but I'm back with another post showing more progress on the Ambull sculpting project.

I intentionally fused the two halves of the mold together by leaving a small area at the top uncovered by release agent. This helps keep the two sections in register.

The completed mold:


I was pretty satisfied with the detail, only a few small bubbles that would not be so bad to deal with in the final casting:

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things here and make some more regular posts. I met mold-maker and pewter-caster this weekend who used to work in the miniatures industry. It was a nice opportunity to learn a bit more about the spin casting process. Gave me food for thought about future projects and realizing them in metal (instead of just resin).

No comments:

Post a Comment